In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Sunday, 12 May 2013

First Week of Bony to Bombshell

My Sunday update for Bony to Bombshell: start weight 175.6, it's been 5 days since I've started and I'm now at 174.0 lbs. I stayed within the programs fat/carb/protein nutrition ratios and I stayed inside my calorie intake goal for my goals.

So far I've been being conscious of my posture and practising it against the wall a couple times throughout the day, pour myself three litres of water into a jug and make sure it's gone by the time I go to bed, and I've been keeping track of what I eat. This coming week my babysitters start and I have a membership at the gym, with the progress I'm already seeing and feeling I can't wait to see what adding the strength training in will do.

I really enjoyed the nutrition section, I read it twice and took some notes to put up on my fridge I love the sensible way that it talks about how to loose weight, or gain weight by looking at the whole effect food has on your body throughout the week, not just from one day. The program seems to be a very holistic approach to health right down to striving for a peaceful social life. It's not just a diet with some exercises, or an exercises program with a nutrition guide. It made me feel as though I was reconnecting with things I already knew about health but wasn't paying attention to.

It's relieving to be able to be conscious of health but still be able to live a fulfilling social life and be able to enjoy good food with friends and not feel so guilty about one scoop of ice cream that I end up eat another three, however that seems to make sense in my head lol. I was able to have a cupcake and some chocolate at my anniversary, and some treats on mothers day and still loose weight by paying attention to the other foods I ate, that's amazing!

There's also a very helpful section talking about how to approach self control and practical ways to improve it. So far a great program!

Check out "My Goals" tab to see the big dreams.

My Fitness Goal
This is a sketch of me once I've acheived my fitness golas, the feet and knee are a bit wonky and the eyes sort of squinty and small, but I figure every sketch improves my skills a little.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis