In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Saturday, 1 June 2013

My Outdoor Project

I spent most of yesterday vicariously satisfying my creativity on pintrest, until I couldn't sit back any more and had to create... my creative work was the design of these outdoor living spaces, a firepit for my side yard, and eating area for out the back door.

With all the cool inspirational stuff I saw for outdoor projects I had to decide what all I wanted to use my outdoors for:
  • front porch sitting area, two arm chairs and a bench, or a swing, definitely needs a canopy to sit out in bad weather
  • a fire pit at the side of the house where we already have a concrete pad
  • a dining area that connects to the fire pit area, and is easily accessible from the back door
  • a vegetable garden
  • a playhouse/garden shed. Garden shed below with stairs to a playhouse tower
here is the labor of love that is my super cheap outdoor living concept, did you know all the cool stuff you can do with pallets? I sure didn't, I went to bed last night and new ideas kept coming to me, I see why your supposed to keep a pencil and notebook by your bed.

I have a pintrest group where I'm currently collecting the paint and fabric swatches for the project
http://pinterest.com/meghanm21/my-outdoor-project/

Here is the back porch concept, I want to have led lights under the porch. Those are homemade planters, and the fence with plants hanging on it and couch in the background are also made of pallets and are part of my fireplace concept

Here are some of the inspirations for this idea:

This was the main inspiration for the design here, the roof and pallet coffee table, with the pallet deck, I thought a pallet couch might be overkill though...
...


Absolutely gorgeous! Here's why I want a pallet deck with cushions on it, right here. (original source)
...

On the far right of my concept drawing you see some plats growing in the wall, this is where that idea came from (original source)
...
And I'm going to have to post my fireplace concept later :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis