In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Sunday, 2 June 2013

The Firepit Concept

After a blissful day exploring pintrest for outdoor decorating ideas my head started overflowing with ideas and I had to get some of them down on paper before I forgot. Here's the concept I drew up for a fire pit area beside out house. The concrete pad was there when we bought the place but we use the driveway for cars so don't use it,

in my ideas almost everything is made of pallets, the privacy fence, couches, and planters. I'll have to draw up a more detailed "how to" regarding the way the pallets are going to fit together and make a design for that canopied love seat in the image to the right.

the fence would give some privacy and enclosure to make a cozy visiting space, and I'd like to put LED lights into the fence for some ambiance on late summer evenings

I have a pintrest group where I'm currently collecting the paint and fabric swatches for the project
http://pinterest.com/meghanm21/my-outdoor-project/
Right now we have a tiled cement area beside our house that I want to turn into an outdoor living space

Here are some of the inspirations for this idea:

An image of the sort of fence I'd like to make
...
This is about how the couches would work, depending on the design of the pallets I can get
...
Another nice pallet couch
...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis