In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

You Can Do This For Yourself Right Now: A 5 Minute Life Plan To Get You Dreaming

Basing my birthday as the start of a new year in my life I sketched together ideas for the next 50 years to see the general direction I'd like to be headed, the first number is my age, second numbers are my kids ages.

I'd like to share my love for art with my children as they grow up, and I'd like to work with them on their education so they graduate early and can move right into doing what they love, whatever that turns out to be whether art, mathematics, trades, whatever.

I painted this for my sister in 2011, it hangs as a canvas at an insurance office in town, people are always commenting on it asking where it came from... maybe I should pursue this talent...

25   3, 0      finish independent living program (Every Dream Alive)
26   4, 1      become professional artist, teach the EDA program
27   5, 2      paint professionally, teach program
28   6, 3      paint, teach program to more teachers
29   7, 4      exhibit in galleries across Canada and US, keep up with programs progress
30   8, 5      apply for schooling at the Royal Academy in London
31   9, 6      art school
32   10, 7    art school
33   11, 8    year in Canada with relatives
34   12, 9    world travel, painting
35   13, 10  world travel, painting
36   14, 11  settle in Canada near relatives
37   15, 12  Wesley starts art school (if that's what she is interested in)
...
40   18, 15  Hayleigh starts art school
...
44    22,19  spend winters travelling and doing art, summers in Canada
...
50    settle on a hobby farm near relatives

you can do this for yourself right now, pull out a piece of loose leaf and number the margins with each number for the age your going to be, your birthday is the start of the year. Include your children's ages so you can consider them and what they might need at that stage in their life.

I've also taken this and plotted it into months on a year calendar for each year from 2013 - 2015 so I know what I need to focus on each month to reach my goals.

What do you think? Do you figure I'll be able to do it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis