In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Friday, 13 December 2013

Are You A Wounded Healer Or A Wouded Wounder

Don't just live where you reside on this planet for what you can get out of it, a good facade, status, peace and quite. What do you think of the house you live in and the neighborhood where you live? Reside on this earth and in your home for what you can bring to those who live around you. What can I give to my neighborhood? How can I improve life for everyone who lives around me?

In a cyber connected world it's easy to forget that we occupy real space and we share it with others. How can you be warmth on a cold street or light in a dark alley? There are both small and big ways, every act of kindness has more depth of meaning and power to change lives than acts of violence.

There are two sorts of people, wounded wounder's and wounded healers. When you wound others out of your woundedness you perpetuate the chaos and damage in your own life as well as create it in the life of others. When you use your wounds to heal others you bring healing to yourself.

I've deliberated with myself how personal I would allow myself to be on this blog, and in the future I may decide to remove this post, but the personal has recently burst into all elements of my life.

Two months ago I left my husband and became the single mom of 2 children in a 420 sq ft apartment. People say, "why would they stay in that kind of relationship" but what a stupid question to ask from a healthy relationship. A terrible marriage is still a marriage and what's the alternative? Right now life looks small but I'm still dreaming big and thinking, how can I be a loving presence in the life of my children, my neighborhood, and my city.

image courtesy of xedos4 / www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis